The Folklore Group is a New York-based conglomerate of B2B, consumer, and media products that enable the global ecosystem to seamlessly discover, connect with, and shop African and diasporic designer brands. Our mission is to use technology and community to connect brands, customers, and partners that value sustainability and the new vanguard of design.
The Marketing Associate is responsible for co-ordinating the key functions of the company’s overall marketing activities, including Digital Marketing, Social Media, PR, Events, Partnerships and Content Production. The individual will work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to ensure all marketing and content activities are executed in a timely and efficient manner with the assistance of Marketing interns. This position will allow you to learn as well as contribute to the company’s marketing efforts, ensuring all marketing channels and all marketing activity work together to achieve the wider business goals.
Candidates must be based in Lagos, Nigeria or Cape Town/Johannesburg, South Africa
- Digital Marketing
- Manage and coordinate social media accounts.
- Produce clean and engaging copy for social media with support from Copy Editor.
- Analyse social media performance, developing ideas and strategy to increase following and engagement.
- Work closely with the graphic designer and content interns to ensure the brand identity is consistent across all social media channels.
- Build weekly email campaigns to inform and re-engage the breadth of The Folklore’s brand partners, retail partners and consumer shoppers.
- Monitor email KPIs, suggesting and implementing best practices to improve performance.
- Project manage content production requirements and deliverables for videography, photography, graphic design and brand partner content.
- Maintain database of global creative production partners.
PR, Events & Partnerships
- Support the roll out of strategic marketing partnerships, sponsorships and events
- Coordinate US-based press requests with external press agency
- Support regional press strategy roll out across key African markets
- Maintain database of key global press contacts
- Stay up to date with seasonal trend research to develop themes for The Folklore Marketplace
- Update weekly web content
- Produce marketing reports and competitor analysis
- Manage marketing interns
Who You Are
- A driven individual with a strong appetite for learning and development
- Comfortable with taking direction as well as working independently
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing startup environment that requires you to multitask and pivot directions when necessary.
- Highly organised with the ability to roll up your sleeves to get the job done with a focus on execution and analysis
- Bachelor degree with a concentration in marketing (preferred), or related field
- 1-2 years of Marketing related work experience across multiple marketing channels
- Experience with copy writing for social media and marketing purposes
- An interest and knowledge of African and diasporic fashion
- Proficient with the Google Suite and/or Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Canva
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of content aesthetics
Bonus to Have
- Experience working in the e-commerce or fashion retail industry.
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Email Marketing software
- Experience creating and running Paid Media campaigns
- Understanding workflow software like Asana, Notion, Slack, Airtable, and Zoom.
Your life and career at The Folklore
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work schedule
- Work remotely
- Be part of a world-class startup team
- Join early with lots of career growth opportunity
Click here to apply.This vacancy is no longer accepting entries